Family Assessment Support Worker
- To work closely with Lead Assessor/Social Worker in undertaking court-directed Parenting and Family assessments using the DoH framework and provide high quality observations and analysis of key work sessions with parents.
- To produce and present high quality reports and other such reports as required and to attend conferences, meetings, and court as necessary.
- To represent the centre’s views at meetings and court relating to direct work and key work sessions undertaken with parents.
- To accompany, supervise and support parents when attending community based activities and supervised contact
- To undertake one to one sessions with parents to help improve their parenting skills and to identify areas where there are gaps or identified needs in terms of their parenting capacity.
- To record and analyse information obtained gained during observations of care tasks, key work sessions and community based activities.
- To work in partnership with children and families ensuring service user involvement in decision making and give feedback in relation to service provision and that children, young people and their careers are supported in making a full contribution.
- To ensure the welfare of children/young people using the service, keeping them safe from significant harm. This will include initiating child protection procedures where necessary.
- To promote Equal Opportunities and value diversity, ensuring all work is sensitive to the needs of service users and to challenge and redress discrimination in all its forms within the work of the centre.
- To undertake relevant and on-going risk assessments as part of the assessment process.
- To maintain a high level of commitment to your own continued professional development relating to supervision, practice, and accountability.
- To work as part of a team and to support management in ensuring effective team work among centre staff and to promote team building and effective communication as required.
Download a copy of this job description and application form below.
Download Job Description
Download Job Application Form